COLD OVEN POPOVERS
Source of Recipe
I got this from a book years ago, cannot remember which one.
Start out with a cold oven and end up at another temperature.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp milk
- Beat eggs well and mix with the milk.
- Set aside 1/2 hour or more until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Sift together the flour and salt, twice. **Important for this recipe.
- Stir in the egg mixture until smooth.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, using 1/3 measuring cup.
- Put pan in cold oven and set it to 425 degrees.
- When oven reaches 425 degrees (about 9 minutes), bake an additional 15 minutes at 425.
- After the 15 minutes, turn oven down to 325 for an additional 15 minutes.
- Take out of pan and eat warm.
Be sure to generously grease your muffin tins for these popovers. The recipe sounds fussy, but it is worth it.