NO KNEAD BATTER BREAD
Source of Recipe
A library book from many years ago. I have no clue which book.
This makes one loaf of white bread.
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In large mixing bowl, milk oil, sugar and salt.
- Stir in scalded milk.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cup of the flour.
- Add yeast and egg, mix well.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix well.
- Let rise in a warm place, covered, till doubled (about 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Place in greased loaf pan and let rise again till almost doubled, about 40 minutes or so.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool before slicing.