Source of Recipe
A Taste of The Gunflint Trail - by, Women who live there
Pancakes are great. If you don't want that large of a batch, half the recipe by using 2 eggs.
List of Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Stir in buttermilk, set aside.
- Sift flower, baking powder, salt and soda. Stir in egg mixture, and mix together. Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, greased griddle.
- when edges look dry and bubbles are popping on top of each pancake, flip to the other side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or fruit toppings that you might like.