CHICKEN AND HAMBURGER CASSEROLE
Source of Recipe
From a book, but I don't remember which one.
This is a weird combination of ingredients, but is always a favorite with my family.
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and drained
- 1 cup (dry) wild rice, cooked according to package
- 1 cup (dry) long grain rice, cooked according to package
- 2 to 3 cups cooked, cubed chicken (maybe 2 or 3 breasts)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 (2 oz) mar mushrooms or (2 oz) fresh
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- cashews, for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rices, bake the chicken and cut up.
- Brown the hamburger, onions and fresh mushrooms in a large frying pan. Drain well.
- Blend all of it together in a large casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
This recipe serves 6 to 8 people. It can be halfed or doubled.