GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE (with Bacon/Cheese)
Source of Recipe
Myself and a fellow games-abc player, bleucollar.
List of Ingredients
- 2 or 3 cans green beans, drained (10 oz size)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups French Fried Onions
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 or 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices bacon... fried & crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put in a large casserole dish, the beans, soup1 cup of the Fried Onions, the green beans and crumbled bacon. Mix well.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, add the milk and half and half. Stir in 2 or 3 tbsp of flour over low heat to meium hgeat, maybe 2 minutes till thickened. Stir constantly so it won't burn.
- Stir in the mozzarella till melted.
- Stir in the cheese mixture with the rest of the ingredients till coated and add enough milk to be sure it's covered, if necessary. Put the rest of the Fried onions on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
This sounds weird, but, boy... was it good!!