SCALLOPED POTATOES & HAM
Source of Recipe
This is either from a website or library book, I don't recall.
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 lb ham
- 1 lb sliced potatoes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp butter
- **1/3 cup grated cheese, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in sauce pan over low heat till melted.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. ***At boiling point, add cheese if au grautin style is desired. Stir until cheese is melted and turn off heat.
- Layer half of the potatoes, half of the ham, allof the onion and half of the sauce in a GREASED casserole. Repeat process. Dot with butter.
- **Possible longer cooking time, but bake, covered, in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes, uncover and bake 35 minutes longer.
This serves 5 to 6 people.