CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
Source of Recipe
Food for Thought -- Minneapolis Public Library cookbook
This recipe is very easy, but also a bit messy to clean up with the powdered sugar.
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 squares baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the baking chocolate over low heat, stirring so it won't burn. Mix oil, melted chocolate and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients to chocolate mixture and mix well. Chill dough, covered, for up to 3 hours. It is necessary to chill the dough because it is sticky.
- When chilled, roll up dough into 1 inch balls and roll in confectioners sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool for about a minute or two before taking off cookie sheet with a metal spatula. Let cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen or so cookies.