Source of Recipe
A chat friend who calls herself, Montage
These sound weird, but, boy are they good. To double a batch, you'll need 2 cans of the pumpkin.
List of Ingredients
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking soda (sprinkled over pumpkin in bowl)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
- Put the pumpkin in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle baking soda over pulp. Dump in sugar, Crisco and butter. Beat until creamy.
- Beat the 1 egg and add it to the mixture, stirring well.
- Blend in 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix well. Then, lastly, add the chocolate chips. Nuts, if desired.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet or stoneware. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
Makes about 40 cookies, depending on how big your spoon droppings are.