GRANDMA'S HONEY MUFFINS
Source of Recipe
These muffins are not MY "grandma", but they are heavenly. I stuffed my "Easy Chocolate Pudding" recipe in the middle of some of them. Yummy!
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Yield 1 dozen. I ended up with 10, however. These muffins are, also, good when cool, too. If you're clever enough to know how to cut off part of the muffin top, snip off part of the top... place a Tbsp of pudding or jelly inside and put the top back on. AFTER some of it has been snipped off underneath.