Source of Recipe
This is my mother's recipe.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup shortening or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg chocolate chips
- walnuts, ground or chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except for the chocolate chips and nuts and spread onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread on baked bars while still warm.
- Sprinkle nuts on top and cut into squares.
A family Christmas favorite.