CHICKEN SALAD w/Grapes & Cool Whip
Source of Recipe
This is from my mother.
Very good salad and it makes a lot. Serves 6 to 8 people or more, depending how much you like it.
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups diced chicken (2 or 3) medium sized breasts, baked
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 can mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup cashews or slivered almonds
- 1 small box of macaroni rings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1/2 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- Bake the chicken as you normally would and cut up into bite sized pieces.
- Cook the macaroni rings according to package, using half or the whole box.
- Combine the mayo, mustard and Cool Whip in another bowl.
- Mix with macaroni rings, grapes, celery, oranges and chicken. Combine with the marinated chicken and mix well. Chill for a few hours, covered.
- Just before serving, top with the cashews.
It's not totally necessary to marinate the chicken, but it gives the chicken a better taste.