DOROTHY'S WILD RICE CASSEROLE
Source of Recipe
My mother's late friend, Dorothy Johnson.
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people.
List of Ingredients
- 1 box Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 pkg Jimmy Dean Sausage (mild or regular)
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup dry wild rice, cooked according to package
- 1 small onion
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 3 stalks of celery
- 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook 1 cup dry wild rice according to package.
- Brown the sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in a large frying pan till tender. Pour in a large casserole dish.
- When the rice is done cooking, pour that into the large casserole and mix ingredients together.
- Add the mushrooms and soup, mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for the first 30 minutes. Stir a couple of times.
- Bake UNcovered the second 1/2 hour and stir a couple of times, as well.
- Depending on your oven, either add a little water so it doesn't get dry or drain whatever water is leftover.
The Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle Soup has noodles, a seasonings packet and a boullion ball. Use all of the ingredients in the box for this casserole.