Source of Recipe
TASTE OF HOMES COOKBOOK
List of Ingredients
- 4 large grapefruit
- 2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 maraschino cherries
- halve grapefruit and section;remove membranes. return grapefruit sections to grapefruit halves. drizzle 1/4 teaspoon rum extract over each.
- top with 1 rounded tablespoon of whipped cream; place on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet.
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites,cornstarch and cream of tartar on medium speed until peaks form. gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- mound 1/2 cup on each grapefruit half; spread meringue to edges to seal. bake at 305 degrees for 15 minutes until meringue is browned. top each with a strawberry. serve immediatly.