SIMPLE BANANA FOSTER
Source of Recipe
taste of home cookbook
List of Ingredients
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 can [5-1/2 ounces] unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavoring or vanilla extract
- 2 medim firm bananas, sliced
- vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and pie spice. stir in the apple juice until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- remove from the heat; stir in extracts and the flavorings. add bananas and heat through over medium heat. serve warm over the ice cream.
makes 4 servings