Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb Flank or lean top round steak; trimmed or all fat and connective tissue
- 1/2 c Catsup
- 1/3 c Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c Brown sugar; firmly packed
- 1 1/2 ts Dry mustard
- 1 1/2 ts Onion powder
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Garlic powder
- 1/4 ts Ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Freeze meat until firm but not hard; then cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a medium-size glass, stoneware, plastic, or stainless steel bowl, combine catsup, vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Stir to dissolve seasonings.
- Add meat and mix until all surfaces are thoroughly coated.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until next day, stirring occasionally; recover tightly after stirring.
- Dry and cure.