Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies
Source of Recipe
Quaker Oats Box
My family loves oatmeal raisin cookies. The best recipe we have found came off the Quaker Oats box. With just a few adjustments and additions it has come to be one of our favorite cookie recipes.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup butter, softened (butter flavored shortning works)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, or 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashion) Uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes for chewy or 11 to 12 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Yields 4 dozen.