Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1-2 chicken breast - cut into thin strips.
- 3-6 ribs of celery - pealed and sliced
- 1/3 cup carrots - peeled and cut into thin julienne strips
- 1 can water chesnuts - sliced
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces (can use 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms sliced)
- 1/2 yellow onion - sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Salt and MSG to taste
- Chowmein noodles
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 green onion - sliced for garnish
- Prepare all vegetables for cooking. Slice chicken, removing all fat. Place peanut oil in wok and heat on medium high heat. Stir fry chicken seasoning it with salt, garlic powder and MSG. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Stir fry until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season with salt adn MSG. Add water, chesnuts, and mushrooms. Continue stir frying 2 min. Add bean sprouts and stir fry 2 more minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth. Make well in center of wok. Add broth mixture. Cook until mixture boils. Toss with vegetables. Place over chowmein noodles and sprinkle green onion on top.