Crispy Sesame Chicken
Source of Recipe
This is by far one of our favorite recipes that Tara learned how to make in Foods 2. It goes great with the sweet and sour sauce. Hope you enjoy.
List of Ingredients
- 1 whole chicken breast (2 halves) trimmed of all fat and cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 egg - slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- oil for frying
- put 1" oil in nonstick 10" frying pan. DO NOT heat until chicken has been in marinade for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, cobine cornstarch, flour, and sugar. In another bowl, mix egg, soy sauce, and garlic. Whisk egg mixture into flour-cornstach mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in marinade adn stir to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In a cereal bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, sesame seeds, 1/4 tesp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt. Remove chicken from marinade adn dredge in flour-sesame seed mixture. Dredge all chicken before beginning to fry. Place chicken on parchemnt paper.
- Heat oil on medium high. Individually, and one at a time, so they don't stick together, 10-12 pieces of checken, place chicken pieces in oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels then serve.