Gemista (Greek Stuffed Tomatoes)
Source of Recipe
SheHuffer From Provida and BigBootCamp
You can add your protein to this if you want to. Just add it to the Tomato or Pepper then add the rice mixture. Mix before putting in to pan.
List of Ingredients
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 6 medium peppers
- 1/2 cup raw rice (1/4 Cup for each Tomato and Pepper)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- Parsley (diced)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- Slice-off the top of the tomatoes (& peppers) and carve-out the inside.
- Save the "carvings" from the tomatoe, mash it and mix it with the rice, onion, parsley & pepper.
- Stuff the tomatoes (& peppers) and lid them with their previously sliced-off tops and place them in a pan.
- Top with the tomato-juice, and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
Contains: Carb B
Breakfast: A C D E
MM Snack: C E
Lunch: A B C D E
MA Snack: B C D
Dinner: A B C D E