Source of Recipe
From member Buny. From www.fooddownunder.com
List of Ingredients
* 1 ¼ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
* 1/2 cup water
* 5-6 thin slices fresh ginger
* 2 dried chili peppers crumbled
* ½ onion chopped
* ¼ cup white wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon pepper sauce**
BMOS Note: The recipe contained a notation that you may substitute Worcestershire with a splash of hot pepper sauce. You may wish to consult the Condiments Section, this forum, for on-plan substitutes.)
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* ½ teaspoon ground allspice
* ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In a blender, combine the water, ginger, chili peppers, onions, vinegar, pepper sauce, thyme, allspice and black pepper. Purée until fairly smooth. Pour the marinade into a large bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
Thread the meat onto metal skewers. (if using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for about 15 minutes before use.) Reserve the marinade, transfer to a saucepan and bring to a full boil. Keep warm over low heat. Grill or broil the chicken, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve the boiled marinade as a sauce.
* Variation: You may replace the chicken with cubes or strips of turkey breast, pork tenderloin or flank steak, or use bone-in chicken pieces. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Compatible with Body Type:
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack A-D-E
This Recipe Contains: Protein B, Free Veggies