HomeStyle Spaghetti Sauce
Source of Recipe
I dont measure my seasonings, so use your tastes to add the desired flavor that you like.
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) sodium free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (28oz.) Salt free Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz.) Salt Free Whole Tomatoes or Diced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce (use the lowest sodium one)
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Splenda (if necessary)
- Combine onion, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, basil, oregano and pepper in large saucepan. Cook over med heat 10 minutes
- Add crushed tomatoes and whole tomatoes with their liquid, Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Simmer, partially covered, over low heat for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Add Splenda if sauce is bitter.
- If you want meat sauce, add your correct portion (2 or 4 oz) of seasoned crumbled meat (ground turkey or ground beef seasoned with onion, garlic and pepper) to your prepared dish.
- Serve over Rice Noodles, Potato or Rice
Contains: Free Veggies
Breakfast: A B C D E
MM Snack: A B C D E
Lunch: A B C D E
MA Snack: A B C D E
Dinner: A B C D E
Pm snack: A B C D E