Poetic Kiss Italian spaghetti sauce
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 14.5 oz canned no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2-8 oz cans no salt added tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup minced onion
- 1-1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/4 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine (Burgundy is good)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili (the chili you sprinkle on pizza)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 cup sliced portabella mushrooms (optional)
- Put all ingredients into saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to just simmer. Continue to simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes, letting flavors blend and sauce thicken.
- The longer you simmer, the thicker the sauce will get.
- Serving idea: Sprinkle 1/2 cup cooked spaghetti squash with 2 oz seasoned cooked ground turkey or beef. Cover with 1 ladle of sauce
Contains Free Food
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
Evening Snack A-B-C-D-E