Bette’s OP Chili
Source of Recipe
Bette from Provida
This Recipe Won 1st place for flavor in the big chili cook off in NBU04!!
Can be made in the crockpot.
List of Ingredients
- ½ lb dry Pinto beans. Soak Beans OVER NIGHT for even cooking
- 1 ¼ lb. Ground Turkey Breast
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes w/green chilies (no salt added)
- 1 – 8 oz. can tomato sauce (no salt added)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 -3 Tbs chili powder (no salt added)
- 1 tsp crushed cummin
- Fresh Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 – cup NSA Beef Broth and ½ cup of water if needed
- For Spicy flavor I add ¼ tsp of Crushed red pepper and ¼ tsp of ground cayenne
- 2 Small Zucchini cut in chunks - aprox. 2 cups
- 2 Cups chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- Boil Soaked Pinto beans in pot for aprox. 2 hours till tender.
- Brown the turkey and onions and Bell Pepper together; add all other ingredients except beans.
- Simmer 15 or 20 minutes. Add beans and simmer 5 minutes more.
2 oz. protein B
1/2 cup carb. C
Contains: Protein B Carb B
Breakfast: A C D E
MM Snack: C E
Lunch: A B C D E
MA Snack: B C D
Dinner: A B C D E