Veggie Soup DeJour
Source of Recipe
Chipotle Platoon Member PFC. MsBuer
List of Ingredients
- 1 Large bunch of Celery
- 2 Large Green Peppers
- 2 Large Yellow and/or Red Peppers
- 1 Large container of Mushrooms (I like Baby Portabellas)
- 2 Large Onions
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth or (2 cups of water + 4 packets of Herb Ox Very Low Sodium Bouillon I mix 2 Beef and 2 Chicken)
- 3 Cans Chopped Tomatoes (Stewed, diced, whole...Your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon of the following Spices:
- Cumin (3 Tbsp is what I use)
- Garlic Powder (could use 4 cloves of garlic)
- Or: 1/4 cup of Italian Seasoning, 1 Tbsp Pepper and 3 Tbsp Cumin
- Chop all Veggies to small pieces. Place in large stock pot with seasonings. Cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down and simmer 1-3 hours. The more you cook it the better the taste.
- Original Recipe calls for putting hot soup into a blender and blending until smooth. Can be served hot or cold.
I prefer it warmed with Turkey and Rice in it.
Tastes like V-8 Juice.
Other Additions if you desire:
1 Can Tomato Sauce
4 cups Shreadded Cabbage
Ground Turkey meatballs (poach in broth while it cooks)
Pinto beans or other beans you like or are allowed.
Any other Veggie that is in season...Zucchini or spinach.
Let you imagination go wild. Try differnt combinations.
I have made a new pot of this every Sunday for 12 weeks and never had it the same twice.