Peanut Butter Cookies
Source of Recipe
Dee Dees Archives
List of Ingredients
- 1/4 cup margarine -- softened
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar -- packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine, applesauce and peanut butter with a mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg whites and vanilla.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in the remaining flour.
- If necessary, cover and chill dough until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into one inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and flatten with fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake in 350* oven for 12-15 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned.
Makes 36 cookies @ 1 point each