Strawberry Spinach Salad
The first time I made a spinach salad like this it didn't turn out very well (and I got that version off of a well known site). This recipe is a conglomeration of the flavors that I liked best.
List of Ingredients
- 1 bag of prewashed spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 c. sliced almonds
- 1/2 c. raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onions
- 1 T. poppy seeds
- Place torn spinach, sliced strawberries and the sliced almonds in a large bowl.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a quart sized jar or bowl with tight fitting lid. Shake until well mixed.
- Pour the desired amount of the dressing over the salad, tossing well. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving. Toss again.
- Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish.