Cake with Coffee Frosting
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup milk
3 egg whites
FILLING AND FROSTING
2 tsp. instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp. warm water
1 container (8 ounces) coolwhip
1/4 cup hot fudge
1. Heat oven to 375º. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray; dust with flour.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter and vanilla on medium speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and alternately beat in flour mixture and milk.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, using mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Turn cake onto rack to cool completely.
6. To prepare frosting, in a large bowl, fold coffee into whipped topping. Halve cake horizontally. Place bottom half on a serving plate; spread with jam. Top with 3/4 cup of the coffee frosting. Top with second cake half. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.