Soft & Creamy Double Chocolate Frosting
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4 eggs yolk with enough milk to equal 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tsps light corn syrup
- Mix eggs and milk, cocoa, coffee powder, vanilla and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter in medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate and cocoa mixture; continue to beat until smooth.
- Add confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating slowly at first, until sugar has been incorporated into the mixture, then at medium speed until frosting is light and fluffy. Add corn syrup; beat until frosting is smooth and glossy. If frosting is stiff, add droplets of milk until it is spreadably soft.
- Frosting can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week and microwaved for a few seconds until just spreadable.