1 Serving CLAM FRITTERS
Source of Recipe
Eating Cheap - a cookbook by Peter Bendfeldt
List of Ingredients
- 1 6.5-ounce can of chopped clams *
- 1/2 cup complete pancake mix *
- 2 cups vegetable oil *
- * Available at most Dollar Stores
- Drain clam broth from chopped clams and set aside.
- Using a fork mix pancake mix and 1/4 cup of the clam broth together until all lumps are gone. If you don't have a full 1/4 cup of clam broth make up the difference with water.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chopped clams to the batter mix.
- Heat vegetable oil in a one-quart saucepan to 375º.
- Drop batter a teaspoon full at a time into the hot oil.
- Cook first side until golden brown.
- Roll fritters over and cook second side until golden brown.
- Remove cooked fritters from oil with a slotted spoon.
- Place fritters in a paper grocery bag and shake off excess oil, or set on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Let oil in pan cool, strain and return to conainer.
- Use the extra clams and broth to make my Clam Chowder. Look in the Soups and Stews section for my recipe.
Eating Cheap is a cookbook that has recipes to serve just one person.
Eating Cheap has not been published . . . yet!