Boris's Baked Whole Fish
Source of Recipe
From Irene the Kitchen Queen's father, Boris. This is MENU 1A -- see MENUS 1B and 1C for the complete meal.
List of Ingredients
- 1 Large fish (tuna, salmon, grouper, red snapper, halibut, etc.)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Can (14.5 oz.) of whole peeled tomatoes with the liquid
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1 Lemon sliced
- 1 Cup of dry white wine (Chablis, Chardonnay, etc.)
- Wash the fish and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil on the bottom of a baking pan, put the fish in the pan, brush the top of the fish with some oil, sprinkle lemon juice on the whole surface, and then add salt and pepper.
- Around the fish in the pan, put the chopped onion, the tomatoes and the juice (mash the tomatoes slightly with a fork), and add the bay leaf and the garlic.
- Decoration: Arrange stacks of tomato slices, onion slices, and lemon slices on top of the fish and in the front, middle, and end also.
- Bake uncovered in a 400 degree F oven, basting several times, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before it is cooked, add the wine.
- Remove from the oven while the flesh is still slightly translucent and moist.
Left-overs: Serve cold with mayonnaise over a crisp green salad.
See Menus 1B and 1C for the complete meal.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION