Source of Recipe
From Irene the Kitchen Queen. This is MENU 1C -- see MENUS 1A and 1B for the complete meal.
List of Ingredients
- 1 Head or bunch of chicory greens
- 3 Tablespoons oilve oil
- 1 Tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 Clove of garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the greens in a large bowl with cold water. Lif the salad, leaf by leaf, into a colander.
- Put the greens in a pillow case (or a flour sack cloth) and shake thoroughly to dry. (Note: You can also use a salad spinner to spin dry the greens.)
- Break and tear the leaves with your fingers into a salad bowl and add the dressing.
- Dressing: Mix the oil, wine vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper together in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Then dress the salad by mixing the greens with the dressing.
See MENUS 1A and 1B for the complete meal.