Black Bean Lasagna
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbls oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 1-15oz crtn ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tbls minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbls chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 oz ff cheddar
- 4 ff flour tortillas, halved
- In a saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans and pinto beans.
- Heat through.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg white, parsley and jalapeno.
- Spread a third of the bean mixture in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Top with half of the cheddar, tortillas, and ricotta mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Spread remaining bean mixture over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
- Let stand for 15 min before cutting.