Creamy Chicken N Wild Rice Soup
Source of Recipe
1 1/4 cups=5 pts
List of Ingredients
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbls butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- Cook rice.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan coated with spray, cook onion in butter for 2 min.
- Stir in the broth, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Drain rice if necessary; fluff with a fork.
- Stir chicken and rice into potato mixture; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth.
- Gradually stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min.