Boston Market Meatloaf
Source of Recipe
Top Secret Recipes
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Kraft original barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground sirloin (10% fat)
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat the mixture until it begins to bubble, stirring often, then remove it from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce to the meat. Use a large wooden spoon or your hands to work the sauce into the meat until it is very well combined.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the ground sirloin - flour, salt, onion powder, ground pepper, and garlic powder. Use the wooden spoon or your hands to work the spices and flour into the meat.
- Load the meat into a loaf pan (preferably a meatloaf pan with two sections that allows the fat to drain, but if you don't have one of those a regular loaf pan will work). Wrap foil over the pan and place it into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the meatloaf from the oven, remove the foil and, if you aren't using a meatloaf pan, drain the fat.
- Using a knife, slice the meatloaf all the way through into 8 slices while it is still in the pan. This will help to cook the center of the meatloaf. Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of the meatloaf, in a stream down the center. Don't spread the sauce.
- Place the meatloaf back into the oven, uncovered, for 25 - 30 minutes or until it is done. Remove and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION