Oriental Beef and Broccoli (4 servings)
Source of Recipe
Nutrition facts per serving:
332 calories, 7 g total fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 359 mg. sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 27 g protein
List of Ingredients
12 oz beef top round steak, trimmed of separable fat
3 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp molasses
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
Nonstick spray coating
2 tsp. cooking oil
1 cup thinly bias-sliced carrot
6 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
1/4 c. cold water
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 c. hot cooked rice
1) Partially freeze meet ~ 30 min. Thinkly slice across grain into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2) In medium bowl, stir vinegar, soy sauce, molasses, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Stir in meet. Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 10 min.
3) Drain meet, reserving marinade. Spray an unheated large skillet or wok with non-stick coating. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add meet, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove meet from skillet or wok. Add oil to skillet or wok.
4) Add carrot to skillet or wok. Cook and stir for 2 min. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3-4 min. or until crisp-tender. Push vegetables from center of skillet or wok.
5) stir together cold water, cornstarch and reserved marinade. Add to center of skillet or wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add meat. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until headted through. Serve with hot rice.