Source of Recipe
MoOzark ww boards
POINTS® value | 7
Servings | 6
Preparation Time | 20 min
Cooking Time | 45 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
main meals | Enjoy this Chinese favorite from the comfort of your home and without all the calories of the restaurant version. Quick tip: Keep the pork slightly frozen so it’s easier to slice.
List of Ingredients
1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1 1/2 pound lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
15 oz canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 medium green pepper(s), sliced
1 small onion(s), sliced
3 cup cooked brown rice
1/3 cup rice-wine vinegar
1. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
2. Add pork and cook until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.
3. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.
4. Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
5. Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup of pork and 1/2 cup of rice per serving