Source of Recipe
San Diego Union-Tribune (March 3-4, 1993)
List of Ingredients
- 3/4 lb Chicken Breasts, Skinless and Boneless
- 3 tb Flour
- 2 tb Sesame Seeds
- 1 tb Soy Sauce
- 1/2 ts Peanut Oil
- 1 tb Maple Syrup
- Red Lettuce Leaves
- 1 tb Dry Sherry
- 1 lg Tomato, ripe
- 1 ts Fresh Ginger, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 ts Chinese Five spice powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into pieces about 1 by 2 inches.
- Mix soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and Chinese Five Spice together. Add chicken and marinate 20 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds on a baking tray and toast in oven for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Dredge chicken in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet. Add chicken and brown, about 1 minute per side. Spoon marinade over chicken. Reduce heat and saute another minute, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and roll chicken in sesame seeds.
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves. Line a serving plate with leaves, and spoon chicken on top. Cut tomato into wedges and use to garnish plate.
I usually omit the lettuce and tomato.