Source of Recipe
The Desi Cookbook
List of Ingredients
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili powder (Real Chili powder is the best)
- 2 Green Bell peppers
- 3 Medium Onions
- 6 Small Green Chilies*
- 1 lbs canned whole/diced tomatoes*
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 3 tbs Soy Sauce
- 3 tbs Oil
- Cooked rice ( I use basmati rice)
- Cut the chicken into cubes and fry it in oil on low-medium heat until the chicken is white, about 15 minutes. (I also add fresh ground black pepper to taste while chicken is cooking.)
- Dice the tomatoes if you're using whole ones. Add this to the chicken.
- Deseed the bell peppers and cut them into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut the onions into chunks and add these in as well.
- Throw in the rest of the ingredients and cook this on low-medium heat for about half an hour or until the bell peppers are slightly soft.
- Serve with cooked rice.
I use canned tomatoes with green chilies, and I usually use 2 (10 - 14 oz) cans because the extra tomatoes don't make any difference in taste and its easier than having the tomatoes and chilies separate.