Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 (4 oz.)cup SARGENTOŽ Fancy Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or queso fresco
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup ORTEGAŽ Medium Taco Sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ORTEGAŽ Diced Jalapeņos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- COMBINE pork, beef, cheese, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup taco sauce, eggs, parsley, jalapeņos and salt in large bowl. Gently pat meat mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; drain. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Top with remaining taco sauce before serving.
* For a slightly different version, substitute taco sauce with 1 cup salsa, follow same directions and top with an extra 1/4 cup of cheese.