Savory Pot Roast
Source of Recipe
My Own Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (peanut oil adds great flavor)
- 3 to 4 lb. beef round or chuck pot roast
- 1 pouch onion soup mix (try different varieties for flavor variations)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (with roasted garlic)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour or gravy flour as needed
- Rice of choice for 6 servings (brown, white, basmati, etc...)
- In 6-qt saucepot, brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- Add onions to the bottom of pan and saute until golden browned.
- Stir in mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and 1 cup water. Add pepper & reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Add vegetables and 1/4 cup of water, cover, and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour unter vegetables and roast are fork tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables. Stir together flour and 1/4 cup of water until smooth. Gradually stir into soup mixture, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. *this step may be omitted if gravy is already thick enough
- Serve with hot rice.
If extra gravy is needed, just double up on both soups and add an extra 1/4 cup water on the 3rd step.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION