Jambalaya Rice Cooker
Source of Recipe
A Cajun Family's Recipe Collection
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- One 10 oz Can Beef Broth
- One 4-1/2 oz (With Juice) Mushroom
- 1 med Chopped Onion
- 1/2 med Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cups Raw Rice
- 1 Block Margarine
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 1 sm pkg Slivered Almonds (Optional)
- 1 Can Water Chestnuts (Optional)
- Parsley and Green Onion to Taste
- In a rice cooker, put margarine and seasonings in first, then meat and saute these a little before adding all other ingredients.
- Cook in rice cooker. When done stir in parsley and green onion tops.
- NOTE: May use shrimp, crab, crawfish, sausage or chicken in place of ground meat. If these have been cooked please adjust salt accordingly.
Yield: 8 Servings