Chicken Liver Crostini
Source of Recipe
• 2 narrow loaves Italian or French bread, sliced into 12 slices each
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 pound chicken livers, trimmed
• 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/4 cup minced onion
• 2 tablespoons brandy
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Arrange the sliced bread on 2 cookie sheets and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add chicken livers. Sprinkle with sage, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until livers are browned. Transfer to a medium bowl. Melt the butter in the skillet. Add onion and cook about 3 minutes or until tender. Return livers to skillet with brandy, then cook over high heat until brandy is evaporated. Remove from heat and mash with a spoon until blended. Spread 1 tablespoon liver mixture on each toast slice and sprinkle with parsley. Makes 24 appetizers.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 115, total fat: 2g, saturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 65mg, sodium: 254mg, carbohydrate: 17g, protein: 5g