TGI Fridays Potato Skins
Source of Recipe
Serving: 2 to 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
4 medium russet potatoes
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
5 slices bacon, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Let the potatoes cool down enough so that you can touch them.
2. As the potatoes are baking, make the sour cream dip by mixing the sour cream with the chives. Place the mixture in a covered container in your refrigerator.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, make 2 length-wise cuts through each potato, resulting in three 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices. Discard the middle slice or save them for a separate dish of mashed potatoes. This will leave you with two potato skins per potato.
4. With a spoon, scoop some of the potato out of each skin, being sure to leave about 1/4 inch of potato inside of the skin.
5. Brush the entire surface of each potato skin, inside and outside, with the melted butter.
6. Place the skins on a cookie sheet, cut side up, and broil them for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges begin to turn dark brown.
7. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese into each skin.
8 Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons of the bacon pieces onto the cheese.
9. Broil the skins for 2 more minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounding a small bowl of the sour cream dip.