Easy Beef Stroganoff
Source of Recipe
1 pound beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles, about 5 oz.
1 garlic clove, minced
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 package brown gravy mix, 3/4 oz.
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Prepare egg noodles as directed on package.
2. Wash hands. Stack steaks; cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch thick strips. Toss with garlic. Wash hands.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove.
5. Add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring frequently, 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Stir in beef; heat through.
Serving Suggestion: Ladle meat and sauce over noodles then top with dollop of sour cream. Serve with steamed green beans. Refrigerate leftovers.