Cherry Glazed Chocolate Torte
Source of Recipe
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
• 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, divided
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9-inch springform pan.
2. Stir together butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; using spoon, beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgey and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended; gradually fold in whipped topping, blending well. Spread over top of cake. Spread 1 cup cherry pie filling over cream layer; refrigerate several hours. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan; remove side of pan. Cut into wedges; garnish with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. 10 to 12 servings