Baked Veggie Rolls
Source of Recipe
• Cooking spray or olive oil spray
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
• 1/2 cup water (divided)
• 2 1/2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
• 2 medium carrots, shredded
• 4 ounces mushrooms, diced (use any mixture of shiitake, button & portabella)
• 1 cup chopped water chestnuts
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
• 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (or more)
• 12 egg-roll wrappers
Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray. Dissolve one tablespoon of the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and set aside.
Lightly spray a wok or large nonstick saute pan with cooking spray (or use olive oil - just a tiny bit is needed) and heat over low heat. Combine cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, waterchestnuts and ginger in the pan.Cook for five to seven minutes or just until vegetables begin to wilt (you still want a little crunch to them) stirring constantly to keep from burning. Stir in cornstarch mixture and soy sauce.
Cook until the sauce thickens. Add green onions at very end to keep them crisp.
Dissolve the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Brush onto egg-roll wrappers and fill with vegetables and wrap. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until brown.
Per Roll: 121 Calories; 1g Fat (4.4% calories from fat); trace Saturated Fat; 4g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 299mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.