Shrimp Fettuccine with Wine Sauce
Source of Recipe
• 12 ounces fresh or frozen, peeled, deveined shrimp
• 6 ounces dried spinach fettuccine and/or plain fettuccine, cooked
• 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
• 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
• 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
• 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
• 1/4 cup snipped parsley
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender. Combine the wine or water, basil, oregano, bouillon granules, cornstarch, and pepper. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir until bubbly.
4. Add shrimp to wine mixture. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomatoes and heat through. To serve, toss pasta with parsley. Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.