Tomato Shrimp Scampi
Source of Recipe
Made this the other nite and it was awesome!!!!!!
List of Ingredients
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- ½ c. Holland House Vermouth or White cooking wine
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- ½ t. sugar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/8 t. red pepper flakes
- 4 T. basil
- 4 T. Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine for 9 minutes or til tender but still firm. Drain well; keep warm.
- Saute garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in Vermouth, lemon juice and sugar. Simmer 6 minutes.
- Add scallions, shrimp and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss with cooked fettuccine, serve immediately.