Easiest Eggplant Parmigiana- ww
Source of Recipe
weight watchers magazine
List of Ingredients
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread
- 1/4 c freshly grated parmesan
- 1 t extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1 15 oz. can finely diced or ground tomatoes
- 8 slices grilled Eggplant, halved
- 2/3 c fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º. Sparay a 11/2 qt. baking dish with nonstick spray.
Grate the bread on the large side of a box grater. Combine with the parmesan cheese, oil and oregano in a bowl, set aside.
Spread 1/2 c of the tomatoes in the baking dish. Top with a third of the eggplant pieces, overlapping to fit if necessary. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and dot with half of the remaining tomato sauce. Repeat with another layer of eggplant, the remaining mozzerella and the remaining sauce. Top with a single layerof the remaining eggplant. Sprinkle evenly with the bread crumb mixture, cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, bake until casserole is bubbling and the topping is crisp, about 10 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
serving size 1/4 of the recipe
6 g fat