Source of Recipe
4 ounces dried medium noodles
1 9-1/4-ounce can tuna (water-packed)
1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 10-ounce package frozen cut green beans
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup shredded American or process Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, drain and flake tuna. Toss the bread crumbs with margarine or butter; set aside.
3. In a large saucepan combine frozen green beans, mushrooms, green or red pepper, onion, celery, water, bouillon granules, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, stir together milk, cornstarch, and dry mustard. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, then stir in cheese until melted. Stir in noodles and tuna.
5. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture around outside edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving:
total fat: 6g
saturated fat: 2g